Thursday, April 30, 2009

Immigration to Canada remains strong

Immigration to Canada remains strong Minister Kenney was quoted, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada,

“Canada is facing a long-term labour shortage so the government is not going to turn off the immigration tap only to have to turn it back on later”.

Immigration levels for 2009 remains at a target of letting 250,000 immigrants to Canada for this year.

This statement is in relation to the announcement made early this year that the number of occupations (read list of 38 high demand occupations), might be reduced considering the world wide economic problem resulting to soaring unemployment rate.

Having met with the Minister's Provincial and Territorial Counterparts, it has been decided that, Immigration to Canada should remain strong, for reasons that,

“There continue to be acute labour market shortages in certain businesses, certain industries and certain regions. And our government believes that the worst thing we could do during this time of economic difficulty is to starve those employers who are growing of the labour they need to fuel their prosperity.”
Although this new that Immigration to Canada remains strong, there still is a chance that the list of 38 high demand occupations will change as the Economy of Canada changes, that is why it is highly suggested that Immigration hopefuls apply while the conditions are in their favor.

To read more about this you may visit the source of this post,, owned and maintained by Attornet David Cohen, Immigration Lawyer for Canada.

Canada Swine Flu Fight

Canada Swine Flu Fight has been launched to protect Canadian Citizens and Immigrants against the latest outbreak which is said to originate from Mexico. is brought to you by your federal, provincial and territorial governments to help you and your family stay healthy and prevent the spread of the flu and other infectious diseases. Through this website, you can have access not only to general information related to influenza, but also to information and resources specific to your province or territory.

This pan-Canadian portal represents a unique approach by all levels of government to provide Canadians with a single source of credible information that will help them to protect themselves not only from seasonal flu, but also from a host of other infectious diseases, including pandemic influenza.

The Canada Swine Flu fight program is designed to make people aware of the current medical problem, as well as what to do to avoid contracting it.

Canadian Dream aims to help Canada in their Swine Flu Fight via spreading the word by linking their program,

What is Swine Flu?

April 27 (Bloomberg) -- Swine flu, a virus that normally infects pigs, has been detected in people in Mexico, the U.S., New Zealand, Canada, and the U.K. Health officials around the world are checking to see whether infections have occurred in their countries, and readying measures to prevent its spread.

Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about swine flu. The information is drawn from the data released by the World Health Organization in Geneva and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

Read more from the source.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Canada Student Visa - How to apply

There are 10 steps to apply Canada Student Visa:

1. Find out how long it takes to process your Canada Student Visa in the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Website, this will give you an idea on how long it will take to process your application. As well as allow you to plan your other activities pertaining to your application. Which includes the application guide as well as the forms, said documents can also be viewed at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Website and also be downloaded from the website.

2. Please note that there some applicants may be required to obtain a temporary residents Visa as well as a study study permit to study in Canada. This will be dependent on where you are currently living. To check if you are living in a country who will be required to get a Temporary Residents Visa please click on this link.

3. Determine where to submit the application. Find out which Visa office is responsible for processing your application. You may

4. Collect the documents needed to apply.

5. If studying in Quebec, check the provincial guidelines. This step only applies if you want to study in the province of Quebec. If studying in Quebec, the student needs a certificate of acceptance or CAQ. The applicant must have received the certificate of acceptance before applying for a study permit.

6. Complete your application for a study permit. Fill in the forms carefully and completely.

• Type or print clearly, using black ink.
• Add appropriate characters for languages that do not use the Latin alphabet, such as Chinese, Arabic, Cyrillic, Japanese, Hebrew, etc.
• Answer all questions carefully, completely and truthfully. Incomplete application packages will not be processed, but will be returned to you.

7. Pay the correct processing fee. There is a fee to apply for a study permit. You as a student should check the website of the Canadian visa office serving the country or region where you live for additional information on fees, including how to pay them.

The processing fee is non-refundable even if the application is not accepted.

8. Check your application. Make sure the application is complete and includes all the necessary documents.

9. Submit the application form. Sign and date the application form, and be sure to include the receipt for the processing fee. Submit the application form to the Canadian visa office that serves the country or region where the you live.

10. Supply additional information or documents. After the visa office receives the application, it might request more information or documents.

These may include the following:

• Medical information In most cases, the student will need a medical examination.
• Security information If the student wants to study in Canada, he and any family members who come to Canada with him, and who are 18 years of age and over, may have to provide police certificates.

STUDY PERMITS: After applying

The status of your application

The visa officer assigned to handle your application will review the application that you have submitted to make sure that you have completed it correctly as well as included all the required documents. If the application is incomplete, it will not be processed—it will be returned to to yout.

If application is complete, the visa office will review it and decide if an interview is necessary.


Change of address
If you move or change your address, telephone number or any other contact information after you submit your application, you must notify the visa office where you submitted your application.

If your application is approved

If your application for Canada Student Visa is approved, you will receive the following:

• A letter of introduction confirming the approval. This is not the study permit. You must thisbring this letter of introduction to show to immigration officials at the point of entry when you arrive in Canada.
• A temporary resident visa (TRV) will be issued to you if you live in a country where Canada Student Visa.

This will be stamped in your passport. The expiry date on this visa indicates the date by which you must enter Canada. Meaning you must enter Canada before your TRV expires. The TRV will also indicate if you can enter Canada only once (a single-entry visa) or if you can enter Canada multiple times (a multiple-entry visa).

If application is not approved

If the application is not approved, the visa office will send a letter explaining why the application has been refused.

This may be due to several reasons, which includes but not limited to the following:

• You have not shown proof that you have enough money to support yourself while studying in Canada.
• You have not not passed the medical examination if one was required.
• You have not satisfied the visa officer that your primary intention in Canada is to study.
• You have not satisfied the visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of period of study.


When you arrive in Canada, you will be met by an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) at a point of entry, such as an airport.

The CBSA is responsible for border and point of entry activities in Canada.

There will be certain documents that the CBSA will require from you upon entry.

The CBSA officer will ask to see the travel documents when the student arrives in Canada. Therefore said documents must not pack in the luggage, and have them readily available in order to help speed up the entry to Canada.

Be ready to show the following documents:

• a valid passport or travel document
• the letter of introduction from the visa office that the student receives when the study permit was approved (this letter contains your permit reference number and the CBSA officer needs this letter to issue your study permit)
• a valid temporary resident visa (if required)
• a copy of the letter of acceptance from the school at which the student is permitted to study
• proof that the student have enough money to support himself during his stay in Canada and
• letters of reference or any other documents recommended by the visa office where the student applied.

You must carry these items and all other valuable papers, cash and traveller’s cheques at all times. Do not put them in the checked luggage. You may not be allowed into Canada if any of the documents are missing or if any of the information on the application or letters of reference is incorrect.

Possession of these documents does not guarantee entry. All persons must establish that they meet all the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations before being authorized to enter or re-enter Canada.

If there are no problems at the point of entry, the officer will let you enter Canada and will issue your study permit. You as the student should:

• check the study permit to make sure that personal information is accurate and
• check the expiry date on the study permit. The student must leave Canada by this date.
Citizens or residents of the United States, Saint-Pierre et Miquelon and Greenland
Citizens and permanent residents of the United States, Saint-Pierre et Miquelon and Greenland do not need a passport or a temporary resident visa to enter or return to Canada. However, the student must provide proof of citizenship or permanent residence, such as a national identity card or an alien registration card.
Disclosure of funds

If the student arrives in Canada with more than C$10,000, he must disclose this information to the CBSA officer. If he does not disclose this information, he could be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

• cash
• securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
• negotiable instruments in bearer form, such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, traveller’s cheques or money orders.

Understanding the terms and conditions of the study permit

The conditions listed on the permit tell the student:

• at which institution he can study
• if he is allowed to work in Canada
• whether he need to report for a medical examination, observation or treatment
• if his travel within Canada is restricted and
• when he must leave Canada.

If the student wants to change any of the terms and conditions on his study permit, he must submit a completed Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada.
If he is a post-secondary student with a valid study permit, no need to submit an application if he wants to change the program of study or the institution where he is studying.

It is an offence under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act if the student does not comply with the conditions imposed during his entry to Canada was authorized, or when your study permit was issued.

The student may voluntarily leave Canada, or he may be subject to an admissibility determination or hearing. This could lead to his removal from Canada. The student will lose the temporary resident status and any permit he have, if he breaks any of the conditions of his stay.

Leaving and coming back to Canada

If you intend to leave Canada at the duration of your study permint and want to return after a specified tie, you must have:

• a valid passport or travel document
• a valid study permit if he is returning to study in Canada and
• a valid temporary resident visa, if he is a citizen of a designated country for which Canada requires a visa.

Note: If you are a citizen of a designated country and he travels to a country other than the United States, Greenland or Saint-Pierre et Miquelon, you will need a multiple-entry visa to re-enter Canada. If your temporary resident visa has expired, or your visa is only valid for a single entry, you will have to re-apply for a temporary resident visa at a Canadian visa office outside Canada if you want to re-enter Canada.

Health insurance

The Government of Canada will not pay for your medical costs as a foreign student. Therefore, part of your requirement is a Health Insurance coverage. Health coverage for foreign students varies among the provinces of Canada. Contact the school which you have applied to in Canada, to get more information about your cost for the Health Insurance.

STUDY PERMITS: Extending stay

Renewing the study permit

If after your program you found other school programs you want to be involved in and want to extend your stay in Canada as a student, you must complete the Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada. Check the expiry date on the study permit, and make sure that you apply before that date. You should apply for renewal at least 30 days before the current permit expires.

If you apply for a renewal of the study permit, and the permit expires before you receive an answer, You continue to study in Canada under the same conditions until you receive a decision your application to extend.

You should apply to renew the study permit if you intend to travel outside Canada and the permit will expire while you are travelling.

You won't be able to extend the study permit beyond the expiry date on your passport.
If your study permit has expired, and you have not applied for an extension, you will be required leave Canada.

Restoring your status

In some cases, you as the student may apply to restore your status as a student within 90 days of losing it. You may only apply if you have continued to meet the requirements under which you were allowed to enter and stay in Canada and have met all the conditions imposed on the permit.

After the student apply to restore the status, he may stay in Canada until a decision is made on the application but he is not allowed to study until his status has been restored.

There is no guarantee that his application to restore the status will be accepted. On the application, he must provide full details of all the facts and circumstances that caused him to lose the status.

In addition to a fee for renewing the study permit, there is also a fee for restoring the status. The fee is required for each family member who has lost status.

An officer will evaluate the request for restoration of status and will process an application for a study permit. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will advise the student of any further action to be taken.

Other than this blogpost, Canada Student Visa - How to apply, you should also read - Canada Student Visa application

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Canada Student Visa application

Individuals who are outside of Canada who are not permanent residents or Canadian Citizens, that wishes to study temporarily in Canada must first obtain a Canada Student Visa application.

Certain countries would also be required to get a Temporary Residents Visa, to check which countries these are you may click:

List of countries needed to obtain Temporary Residents Visa to study in Canada.

More than 130,000 students come to study in Canada every year and even more come to Canada to learn English or French. The provinces regulate education and schools in Canada. If you are in the stage where you are still deciding as to whether you will start your Canada Student Visa Application and you want to find out about the cost of studying in a specific province it will be easier if you contact the school where you wish to study.

In most casese you will need a study permit or a temporary resident visa to be able to study in Canda, though not everyone must have these documents.

STUDY PERMITS: Before you apply
To start your Canada Student Visa application/study permint, you must have already been accepted at a recognized school, University or College in Canada.

STUDY PERMITS: Who can apply?
In most cases, the student must first obtain a study permit if he wants to study in Canada.

To be eligible to study in Canada

The student must:
• have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
• must prove that he has enough money to pay for the following:

o tuition fees
o living expenses for himself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
o return transportation for himself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
• must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. He may have to provide a police certificate.
• must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
• must satisfy an immigration officer that he will leave Canada when he have completed the studies.


However, there are cases where an individual no longer needs to start his Canada Student Visa application to go to school in Canada because he will no longer be required a study permit.

If the circumstances are:

• If the student wish to study in a short-term course or program The student do not need a study permit if he plans to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less. He must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.

• Even if he does not need a study permit, it is a good idea to apply for a permit before going to Canada. If the student decides to continue his studies in another program after completing the short-term course or program, the student must apply through a Canadian visa office outside Canada for a study permit if he does not already have one.

• Foreign representatives to Canada If the student is a family member or staff member of a foreign representative to Canada accredited by Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, he may not need a permit to study in Canada.

• Members of foreign armed forces If the student is a member of a foreign armed force under the Visiting Forces Act, he does not need a permit to study in Canada. If the family members, including minor children, want to study in Canada, they must meet the requirements.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Canadian Citizenship application

One of the most prized Citizenship in the entire world is that of Canada. Every year more than 150,000 individuals become Canadian Citizens. If you are born outside of Canada and you want to pursue a Canadian Citizenship application, you can do so by becoming a Permanent Resident in Canada first. There are several available programs offered by the Canada government, but to date, the most easiest way to become a Permanent resident in Canada is through the:

Federal Skilled Workers program (Click on the link to read about the program).

If you qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker's program, you will be able to get your Immigrants Visa within 6 months to a year.

Having a permanent residents Visa is the first step.

Basically, you can start your Canadian Citizenship application if you stayed/lived in Canada for at least three years; within the four years that you first started living in Canada as a permanent resident.

To be eligible to become for the Canadian citizen application, you must meet the requirements in all of the following areas:

1. Age

You must be at least 18 years old to apply for Canadian citizenship.

For children under 18 years of age, make sure the following conditions are met:

* the person applying for the child is the child’s parent, adoptive parent or legal guardian
* the child must be a permanent resident, but does not need to have lived in Canada for three years and
* one parent is already a Canadian citizen or is applying to become a citizen at the same time. This also applies to adoptive parents.

2. Permanent resident status

To become a Canadian citizen, you must have permanent resident status in Canada, and that status must not be in doubt. This means you must not be the subject of an immigration investigation, an immigration inquiry or a removal order (an order from Canadian officials to leave Canada).

3. Time lived in Canada

To become Canadian citizens, adults must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before applying. Children do not need to meet this requirement.

You may be able to count time you spent in Canada before you became a permanent resident if that time falls within the four-year period.

4. Language abilities

Canada recognizes two official languages—English and French. You need to be able to show proficiency in either one of these two languages well enough to communicate with people.

5. Criminal history (prohibitions)

You cannot become a citizen if you:

* have been convicted of an indictable (criminal) offence or an offence under the Citizenship Act within the 3 years before you apply

* if you are currently charged with an indictable offence or an offence under the Citizenship Act
* if you are in prison, on parole or on probation
* if you are under a removal order (have been ordered by Canadian officials to leave Canada)
* if you are under investigation for, are charged with, or have been convicted of a war crime or a crime against humanity or
* if you have had your Canadian citizenship taken away in the past five years.

If you are currently in probation or is being charged with a criminal offence and are awaiting trial, you should wait until after the probation has ended or the trial is over before you can apply for your Canadian Citizenship application.

If you have spent time on probation, on parole or in prison in the last four years, you may not meet the residence requirement for citizenship.

This is because time spent in prison or on parole does not count as residence in Canada. Time on probation also does not count as residence in Canada if you were convicted of an offence. If you have spent time on probation from a conditional discharge, it may be counted toward residence.

6. Knowledge of Canada

To become a citizen, you must know the rights and responsibilities of citizens, for example; the right and responsibility to vote.

You must also know some things about Canada’s history and geography, and about its political system.

This is a free booklet A Look at Canada that will be sent to you once you start your Canadian Citizenship application where the questions in the citizenship test will be based.

If you were a Canadian Citizen who has lost Visa status and wants to pursue your re-application for your Canadian Citizenship application you should read Canadian Citizenship(click on the link) to read the updates in Canadian Citizenship Law.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Canadian Citizenship

Last April 17, 2009 Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism announced the new law that will govern Canadian Citizenship.

This law hopes to restore or give back Canadian Citizenship to many who have lost it or did not have it due to outdated provisions in the past legislation.

Moreover, it will also protect the value of Canadian Citizenship for the future by limiting Citizenship descent.

Here's the highlight of the media release:

The Government of Canada takes Canadian citizenship seriously,” said Minister Kenney. “That is why we have taken concrete action to help many ‘lost Canadians’ who didn’t have citizenship and that is why we’re protecting its value for the future.”

The changes implemented today mean that certain people who became Canadian citizens on or after January 1, 1947, when the first citizenship act took effect, and who then lost citizenship, will have their status restored back to the date they lost it. Some may have lost it when they left the country. Others, born outside Canada, may have ceased to be Canadian by not taking steps to retain their citizenship.

Read from the source:

Canadian Citizenship click on link

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Caregiver in Canada processing times

If you are a Filipino, and wants to apply as a caregiver in Canada you should be aware of the processing times before you process your application.

To find out about the processing times you may visit the Canadian Visa office responsible for processing your application.

If you are in the Philippines it will be best if you visit the website of the Canadian Embassy in Manila in their section processing times.

Canadian Embassy Manila (click on the link to visit Embassy Website processing times).

If you have plans of Working temporarily in Canada, you should know the existing laws of Canada and the Philippines government Overseas Foreign Worker.

You may read POEA Guidelines for Filipino Workers bound for Canada

To know the requirements of becoming a Caregiver in Canada you should read Caregiver in Canada

Caregiver in Canada

If you want to become a Cagiver in Canada there are some requirements that you must meet before you can apply.

You will need:

1. A job confirmation letter from a Canadian employer

First thing that you should do is to find an employer who will be willing to hire you as a Caregiver in Canada. If you are a worker currently residing outside of Canada, the best option that you may have is if you have relatives who will act as your representative. They will be the ones who will help you find the employer.

If on the other hand you do not have a relative in Canada, you may try and apply direct to the Employer over the internet.

There are a lot of search engines for jobs in Canada. For instance you may visit the Job Bank of Canada.

If you are a filipino currently residing in the Philippines you must know that under the rules of Canada and the Philippines your employer must be the one who will shoulder all recruitment cost. It is important that you read:

POEA guidelines for Filipino workers bound for Canada

Your employer must then apply to Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) to have their suggested job offer reviewed and receive a positive job confirmation letter from HRSDC before hiring you. HRSDC will review the job duties, working conditions, suggested pay and so on to be sure that the job offer meets provincial labour standards and that there are not enough Canadians or permanent residents available to work as live-in caregivers in Canada. You will need a copy of this confirmation letter when you apply for a work permit.

2. A written contract with your future employer

The written contract must show that there is a fair working arrangement between you and your employer. It should explain clearly the responsibilities you both have in your work arrangement.

Being a Caregiver in Canada means that you will live in the home of the person that you will provide care for. In the contract, you and your employer agree on duties, hours of work, salary and benefits. The contract may also describe what legal responsibilities your employer has toward you. All of these should be met to convince the Citizenship and Immigration Canada, when they review your contract, that the employer’s job offer is genuine.

You need the contract as part of your application. Clicking the link below would give you a sample on what your contract should be like. Your contract does not have to look exacly like this, but you will get some ideas on how it might look and what it should contain.

* Live-In Caregiver Program Sample Contract (click on link to view sample)

3. Successful completion of Canadian secondary school education

You must have successfully completed the equivalent of Canadian high school education (secondary school). Because of the differences in school systems across Canada, it is not possible to give a precise number of years. In most provinces, it takes 12 years of schooling to obtain a Canadian high school diploma. The immigration officer assessing your application will let you know what is needed.

Since in the Philippines, most schools only have 10 years of formal education from Elementary to Highschool, it is imperative that an applicant should at least have second year of College Education.

4. At least six months’ training, or at least one year of full-time paid work experience in the past three years

To claim work experience, you need to have worked for one year, including at least six months of continuous employment for the same employer in a field or occupation similar to what you will do as a live-in caregiver. This experience must have been within the three years immediately before the day on which you make an application for a work permit as a caregiver. There are six months training program being offered by various institutions in the Philippines, you just have to make sure that the one you take is accredited by the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).

To claim training, it must be full-time training in a classroom setting. Areas of study could be early childhood education, geriatric care, pediatric nursing or first aid.

5. Good knowledge of English or French

You must be able to speak, read and understand either English or French so you can function on your own in your employer’s home. For example, you must be able to call emergency services if they are needed, and to understand labels on medication. You will be unsupervised for most of the day and may have to communicate with someone outside the home. You can also read and understand your rights and obligations if you can function in English or French.

6. A work permit before you enter Canada

Getting a work Permit to be a Caregiver in Canada, would mean that you will be allowed access to Canada as a Caregiver.

The live in Caregiver program of Canada is special, if the worker meets the requirements, he or she will be allowed to apply for a Permanent Residents Visa.

In most cases, Caregiver applicants for Canada, applied in the Philippines does not prosper.

The main reason is the slow application process in the Canadian Embassy in Manila.

Because of this, the employer either gets applicants from other countries where Caregiver applications are faster, countries like Honkong, Taiwan or Singapore.

Or the Visa Officer reviewing the applicants application Caregiver in Canada (from the Philippines) will doubt the authenticity of the Job Offer.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Federal Skilled Worker application changes

Last November 28, 2008, the minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Canada, Minister Jason Kenney, laid out the new processing system of Federal Skilled Worker application (Permanent Residents Application).

Under this new processing system, all applications filed since February 27, 2008 will be subjected to this process. Four months after the new instruction was sent out, this category of Canadian Immigration processing has remained strong, despite the more strict and stringent requirements.

What this changes are and a review on the requirements are as follows:

The Action Plan for Faster Immigration was created to reduce Federal Skilled Worker application processing times to 6 to 12 months. The new requirements and processes apply only to applications submitted on or after February 27, 2008. All those submitted prior to then will are processed based on previous assessment criteria and processing times.

Under the New Immigration Minister’s instructions, Canadian Immigration Visa Officers reviewing Federal Skilled Worker applications are to process applications from three types of candidates.

Applicants must either:

1. Have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in one of the 38 qualifying occupations, which have been identified as the most in-demand occupations in Canada at this time; or

2. Have been living in Canada with legal status as a Temporary Foreign Worker or an international student for at least one year; or

3. Qualify for Arranged Employment with a full-time permanent job offer from a Canadian employer.

Each type of applicant has its own application submission process:

1. Applicants with Arranged Employment are to submit their applications directly to the Canadian immigration visa office responsible for the applicant’s country of nationality or residence (if the applicant has been legally residing in that country for at least one year).

2. Applications made by Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW - OFW) or International Student currently residing in Canada, who have been legally residing Canada for at least one year, are to be submitted to the Canadian immigration visa office in Buffalo, New York, or the visa office serving the applicant’s country of nationality.

3. All other Federal Skilled Worker applications, with work experience in the 38 occupations are to be submitted to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Nova Scotia. These applicants will submit forms and certain basic documents to the CIO, which will forward applicants who meet the basic work experience requirements to the appropriate Canadian immigration visa office abroad. At that time, the CIO will notify qualified applicants that they must submit their complete application to the visa office abroad in a 120 day period. Those who do not qualify based on the CIO review of work experience qualifications will have their applications returned and their processing fees refunded.

These changes do not affect the requirements or the processing methods of any other category of Canadian immigration.

Ministerial instructions are designed to reflect the needs of the Canadian economy and Canadian society. As economic conditions change, requirements may be adjusted.

More and more applications are being sent to the responsible Visa offices, if you are thinking of applying and you are qualified for Federal Skilled Worker application now is your chance. You should apply now, otherwise it may be too late.

Monday, April 6, 2009

CIC Seminar Schedule for April 2009

The CIC Orientation Seminar is designed to answer all questions and concerns of a prospective applicant.

It explains why, from our more than 20 years of experience, we (Canadian Immigration Consultancy) think you should consider applying for a Permanent Residents Visa.

Recently, with changes in the Citizenship and Immigration Canada, applying for a Permanent Residents Visa is faster (6 months to 1 year) and Easier.

It is in the seminar that we also discuss the various programs of the Canadian Government that may be beneficial to you, the process and the cost you will incur.

Check out your options!

April 2009 Seminar Schedule:

April 18 and 25 (Saturday) - 2pm

April 19 and 26 (Sunday) - 10am

Note: Due to the observance of the Lenten Season our office will be closed From Holy Thursday till Black Saturday.

We will resume office on Easter Sunday, should there be clients who wants to visit us at this time please call in advance.

We are located at Canadian Immigration Consultancy, Ground Floor Uniwide Coastal Mall, Tambo Paranaque City.

For details please call 301 1070 local 8407.

For those who's availability is only during weekdays you may visit our office for a one on one orientation.

Seminar/Orientation Fee: P500.00 per person

Existing clients of Canadian Immigration Consultancy need not attend the seminar.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Business Immigration Programs of Canada

IF you are an individual who wants to go to Immigrate to Canada, but does not meet the Education, Skills and work experience requirement of applying under Federal Skilled Workers Class, but has more than enough funds to travel and live in Canada you may consider the different Business Immigration Programs of Canada.

These programs aims to entice experienced business people who has the potential to support the development of a strong and prosperous Canadian Economy.

The requirements is not very hard to understand. Canada is looking for individuals who will make a C$400,000 investment or to own and manage businesses in Canada.

Canada has three classes of business immigrants:

* investors
* entrepreneurs and
* self-employed persons.

An individual who is interested, must make sure that he or she has made the right application since only one application can be made for either of the three classes. Once the application is submitted it cannot be changed.

The requirements for each classess is different, so it would pay to really evaluate each class before you make an application.

Here are the basic requirements to qualify for each category:


Applicants must have:
* At least two years of business experience
* Have a net worth of at least C$800,000, legally obtained, and willing to make an investment of C$400,000
* Show proof that you have enough money to sustain yourself and your family after you land in Canada
* Obtain a minimum of 35 points in the selection Grid/points sytem
* Meet medical and security requirements.
* Meet any other requirements of Canadian immigration regulations.


* Have at least two years of business experience.
* Have a net worth of at least C$300,000 that was obtained legally.
* Obtain a minimum of 35 points in the selection Grid/points sytem
* Meet medical, security and other Immigration requirements.


* Have relevant experience; participation at a world-class level in cultural activities or athletics; arm management experience or; self-employment in cultural activities or athletics
* Meet the selection criteria for self-employed persons; obtain a minimum of 35 points in the selection grid
* Meet medical, security and other requirements

If you apply and meet the requirements of any of the Business Immigration Programs of Canada you and your family may immigrate to Canada.


IELTS is an acronym for the International English Language Testing System. As it implies, this is an exam used to measure the ability of an individual to communicate in English. It aims to assess the listening, reading, writing and speaking skills of anybody who wishes to take the test. This is normally taken by individuals who wish to stay, live, work and study in a place where English is the first language.

Since it was first offered in 1989 and until present, this test IELTS, has been a proven and trusted standard test to measure true to life ability to communicate in English. More than 6,000 education Institutions, faculties, government agencies and professional organizations around the world recongnises IELTS scores as valid and trusted indicator of the ability of the person to communicate in English.

This too is the test being used for proving ones proficiency in English for Canada in applicants for Immigration or Permanent Residents Visa's.

If you want to read more about IELTS and Canada Immigration you may read IELTS and Canada Immigration.

Canada needs to bring in 1.2M new immigrants in the next 3 years | 2021‒2023 Immigration Levels Plan

Because of the pandemic Canada was not able to meet its desired Immigration levels which is why it is raising its immigration target for the...