Canada Student Visa application

Individuals who are outside of Canada who are not permanent residents or Canadian Citizens, that wishes to study temporarily in Canada must first obtain a Canada Student Visa application.

Certain countries would also be required to get a Temporary Residents Visa, to check which countries these are you may click:

List of countries needed to obtain Temporary Residents Visa to study in Canada.

More than 130,000 students come to study in Canada every year and even more come to Canada to learn English or French. The provinces regulate education and schools in Canada. If you are in the stage where you are still deciding as to whether you will start your Canada Student Visa Application and you want to find out about the cost of studying in a specific province it will be easier if you contact the school where you wish to study.

In most casese you will need a study permit or a temporary resident visa to be able to study in Canda, though not everyone must have these documents.

STUDY PERMITS: Before you apply
To start your Canada Student Visa application/study permint, you must have already been accepted at a recognized school, University or College in Canada.

STUDY PERMITS: Who can apply?
In most cases, the student must first obtain a study permit if he wants to study in Canada.

To be eligible to study in Canada

The student must:
• have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
• must prove that he has enough money to pay for the following:

o tuition fees
o living expenses for himself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
o return transportation for himself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
• must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. He may have to provide a police certificate.
• must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
• must satisfy an immigration officer that he will leave Canada when he have completed the studies.


However, there are cases where an individual no longer needs to start his Canada Student Visa application to go to school in Canada because he will no longer be required a study permit.

If the circumstances are:

• If the student wish to study in a short-term course or program The student do not need a study permit if he plans to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less. He must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.

• Even if he does not need a study permit, it is a good idea to apply for a permit before going to Canada. If the student decides to continue his studies in another program after completing the short-term course or program, the student must apply through a Canadian visa office outside Canada for a study permit if he does not already have one.

• Foreign representatives to Canada If the student is a family member or staff member of a foreign representative to Canada accredited by Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, he may not need a permit to study in Canada.

• Members of foreign armed forces If the student is a member of a foreign armed force under the Visiting Forces Act, he does not need a permit to study in Canada. If the family members, including minor children, want to study in Canada, they must meet the requirements.


Address: Unit 301, 3rd Floor, NorthLink Bldg, SMNorth EDSA 1105 Quezon City, Philippines Tel No: 0917 820 2531 Email: