Canada Child Tax Benefit

As a new Immigrant it would be to your interest to know that if you have children under 18, the Government of Canada may help you with the cost of raising them. This monthly, tax-free payment is called the Canada Child Tax Benefit, or CCTB.

The amount of this benefit is based on several factors, such as your family income, the number of children you have and their ages, and the province or territory you live in. When you apply, you must provide proof of your Canadian immigration status and proof of birth for any of your children born outside of Canada.

Requirements in Applying

1. file an Income Tax and Benefit Return each year.

2. For new Immigrants with stay not long enough to file a return; complete a separate form to declare your world income

You can get these forms and more information on the Canada Child Tax Benefit by calling the Canada Revenue Agency’s toll-free enquiry service at 1-800-387-1193 or by visiting the agency’s website.

The Canada Child tax Benifit or CCTB is just one of the many ways the government of Canada tries to help its subjects to have a better quality of life.


Address: Unit 301, 3rd Floor, NorthLink Bldg, SMNorth EDSA 1105 Quezon City, Philippines Tel No: 0917 820 2531 Email: